During November 14-18, 2016 ECA Consultancy in the consortium with the Public Fund "Global Development" (from Armenia) and with Public Association "Issyk-KL Sabati" (Kyrgyz Republic) in the framework of World Bank Project “Sector Support for Education Reform (SSER) Project / Improved Management and Accountability of School Resources/ Trainings For School Directors” conducted 5 days training for trainers (ToT).
In the execution of the project tasks ECA experts developed the overall concept, training plan, training modules for the public school principals and the appropriate manuals on how to use the training modules for the regional educational institutions who are involved in the education management process in the regions as well.
In the course of training 28 professional trainers were provided the training modules / presentations on the following topics:
- Elaboration of the school strategic development plans,
- Management in public school,
- Financial management in the public school,
- Normative funding (per capita) in the school,
- Involvement of communities (parents, civil society, local government bodies) in the processes of school management,
- Application of school reporting cards as an instrument of accountability,
- Organization of activities of boards of Trustees,
- Organization and conducting of budget hearings and etc.
The trainings were held in an interactive format where 28 trainers in small working groups practised to develop school strategic development plan, to make financial plans based on per capita financing in schools, to apply cards student records - as an instrument of accountability, and then presented them to their colleagues for further discussion.
Then the ЕСА experts together with trainers made preliminary plan for conducting 88 training sessions for 2198 principals of secondary schools in all regions of the Kyrgyz Republic which is scheduled to begin in December 2016 and to be ended in July 2017.
All 28 trainers have been given certificates upon successful completion of TOT.